New York, NY – Affle today announced the launch of Pinch, its unique smartphone messaging product which redefines the way users discover friends, message them and access a host of location based value services. Pinch is a unique blend of iMessenger, iContacts and iLocation Sense services packaged together to provide an easy way for smartphone users to text their friends with rich animations, pictures, emoticons and push notifications. Hence for sending Pinch messages users don’t need to incur any SMS/MMS charges.
Affle is confident that the first version of Pinch will become synonymous with mobile messaging just like SMS has been for over 10 years. This confidence is derived from the several innovative features on Pinch which make it the most comprehensive messaging alternative to SMS currently available on smart phones.
“Affle has successfully upgraded over 3 million SMS users to SMS 2.0 in many Asian markets and we now aim to upgrade users from SMS to Pinch on Smartphones globally! Our dedicated R&D teams on iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows focus on delivering the best messaging experiences with lots of utilities, entertainment as well as location services and rewards. Our beta users enjoyed the new experience and helped us to improve Pinch significantly for this global launch!” said Anuj Khanna, the CEO of Affle.
Pricing and availability:
Pinch 1.1.2 is $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available on the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Affle is a leading mobile media company with the R&D headquarter in Singapore and the Marketing headquarter in the US. Affle has consistently delivered innovations that enhance the user experience on mobile messaging and made mobile media a reality. Affle currently operates in Singapore, India, China, UK, USA, Indonesia, Australia, Thailand and Malaysia. 2010 Affle. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Pinch is the first Smartphone messenger which discovers friends intelligently & comprehensively through the phone contacts, Facebook, Twitter, Blackberry, Android and email contacts and offers unique contact & group management services
- Pinch is location aware and allows selective sharing of location. It helps users to locate and chat with friends nearby and win rewards based on the journey travelled or users’ activities instead of just check ins
- Pinch enables cross platform support for exciting sporting animations and over 475 emoticons
- Pinch integrates social leaderboard contests within the core messaging platform and rewards people based on over 30 different fun actions. For the current promotion Affle has announced 1 FREE iPad every month & 25 iTunes Gift Cards every week (for the next 1 year) to the winners of the Pinch Leaderboard contests! To find out more about the prizes, delivery policy and other information about the contests, please visit Pinch online.
- Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
- Requires iOS 3.1 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
- 4.0 MB